Why not request SAP Business One Reports from us?
We will build your report for one low fixed fee. Contact us and we will discuss how we can delivery you a high-valued report for much less than you can get it elsewhere.
Sometimes you can use existing SAP Business One Reports and simply download the results, manipulate the data and end up with what you are looking for. Sometimes, that doesn’t work. Take for example our Batch Traceability Report for SAP Business One. This was a prime example of how our “Request a Report” process became invaluable.
Let’s face it, while all businesses have similarities, they all have differences too. Generic reports just don’t meet all the needs of every business. With our business experience and technical expertise, we can help you get up and running with the report you need quickly. You just have to request SAP Business One Reports and then interact with our team to define the precise solution for you. Here is the process to requesting and obtaining new SAP Business One reports.
Submit a Request (See form above)
There are several aspects to “request SAP Business One Reports” that need to be covered.
Title: The first requirement, which indicates more than you think, is the title of the report. While this is necessary to give a name and title to the report, it also conveys the purpose of the report or the need of the customer. Be sure to include, in your title requirements, things that you want in the header section of the report. Do you want the company name? Would you like the report selections displayed?
Description: This is like an expanded title. This will tell what you are trying to get out of the report in summary format. What decision are you trying to make? What causes the need for the report? Giving a good description that answers these questions will facilitate a smoother transition to design and creation.
Report Details: The details of the report are basically the 1) Columns of data, 2) Groupings, 3) Criteria, 4) Summary Information, and 5) Unique Requirements that you want on the report. Of course there are other things such as “Do you want a logo on the report?” or “What color do you prefer?”, but, those are secondary.
- Columns: To indicate the columns that you want to display on the report, the easiest way is to use Excel or Word to enter the titles of the columns. This can be done horizontally to show precisely how you want them displayed or can be listed vertically (or both). The advantage of listing them vertically is that you can put a description next to them indicating where the field comes from. If you know the precise form or even table, indicate this and there will be less chance of misrepresentation or confusion in the development.
- Groups: Not all reports have groups, but, a large percentage do. Let’s say that you want a report of summary sales by customer. Perhaps you would like to show them by distribution channel (Retail, Wholesale, etc.), then by customer. The distribution channel would be a grouping. You can make an argument that customer is a group as well, as the sales are “grouped by customer”, unless you show transaction detail.
- Criteria: Every report has some selection criteria. While, theoretically, you could select all data, that is rarely the requirement and could cause unnecessary use of resources. Criteria include things like a date range, customer range, etc.
- Summary: Nearly every report has summary information. If you are just going to download the data, then maybe not, but, otherwise you’ll typically have a summary. The summary can be something as simple as a sum of the dollar amount of sales, or, more complex like the average sales per customer. It is important to think about any summary you may want before the report development begins as it may affect the manner in which the report is constructed
- Unique: Sometimes you have unique requirements for your report. Take for example, our Batch Traceability report. It actually has four reports in one: Receipts, Production, Shipments and On hand. Sometimes you may need to show statistics in a section of your report. You may even need drill down capabilities, which are capable with Crystal Reports inside SAP Business One
Are you ready to get a request for a guaranteed price on a custom report? Send a message to our team and we will help you determine your requirements and then create a report for you.